Sunday, July 25, 2010

Where do I begin....

When I was younger, I had an idea of how my life would be. If you had asked the 10 year old or 15 year old or even 20 year old me, I was going to become a lawyer, be married, live in a nice house with a white picket fence, have nice kids and live happily ever after by the age of 25.

I'm nearly 10 years past that deadline, and while some of what I expected came to pass, it certainly wasn't on that time line or in that order.

I met my husband 9 and a half years ago. Ok, so I got the married part right. We were married August 14, 2004 and in just a few weeks we will celebrate 6 years of marriage.

I did not become a lawyer by the age of 25, and will not be one at the age of 35, but I will be one before 37 if all goes well. And yet another dream realized.

I do not live in a house with a white picket fence. I do own a house and two condos though. We rent out the house and one of the condos and live in the other condo. Not exactly my dream, but not that far off either. One day, hopefully soon, we will be living in a house. But no white picket fence, I don't want that anymore, and not sure why I ever did.

And then there's the kids. No kids yet. Not for a total lack of trying, though there wasn't that much effort either, at least not consistently. They are in the plans, but more on that later.

As for the happily ever after, I pretty much had that, with some bumps, up until this year. We have been very happy together, and had you asked me in January, I could have told you that I had my happily ever after.

Since then, things have put that into jeopardy. And this is where my blog begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment